[pianotech] mildew

Qshooterq at aol.com Qshooterq at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 19:00:41 MDT 2010

In no email does anyone mention if this is an upright or grand.   I ran
across an upright piano with a strong musty odor.   I took the keys out,
vacuumed, and liberally sprinkled a mixture of cornstarch and baking soda.   Then
I put the keys back in and sprinkled more on the keys.

Then I left it for a year, and vacuumed it out.   The smell was gone.

Warning, if you try this. . . . don't sprinkle near the balance rail hole.
It works its way down and piles up on top of the balance rail punching.

   ---      Tom Gorley