[pianotech] another interesting find

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:26:54 MDT 2010

Hardman-Peck mini-piano? or was that just harder than ---- to get at/open, etc.

Conrad Hoffsommer

From: mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:22:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [pianotech] another interesting find

I service one like that. Was it real short and had an unusual case?
Terry Farrell
On Oct 22, 2010, at 6:45 AM, David Boyce wrote:     Some years ago I encountered a little spinet-size      piano, an ordinary acoustic piano, fairly old, where the tuning      pins were at the back.  I deeply regret not taking photos of it. I      had no camera with me at the time (my cellphone then didn't have a      camera), but I should have arranged to go back. I don't now know      the customer's address.  I just hope some day the call me to have      it tuned again!

      Best regards,

      David Boyce.

              The Baldwin electric piano is the only instrument I know of that had to be
tuned from the back.