[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Oct 31 14:42:21 MDT 2010

On 10/31/2010 11:16 AM, Gerald Groot wrote:
> As I have said
> before, we have to make $100,000 a year in order to take home roughly
> $50,000 after taxes, insurance and the rest of our business expenses.
Jer, someone at the lower end of the earnings scale will lose far less
to taxes. Avoiding over-insurance can also give benefits, not just in
lower premiums, but also in simplicity of life, at the expense of a
little courage and willingness to accept risk. Living in a relatively
low cost area can also bring an effective increase in wealth without an
increase in tax burden.

Putting in a whacking long day of too many jobs scheduled too close
together  (especially many days a week) can bring in more of the little
continually shrinking dollars, but at the expense of rest and physical
well-being andother interesting and varied activities; not to mention
having the time and energy to enjoy and savor the experience of tuning
and piano work done at a more leisurely pace.

Of course, if you prefer earning a whole bunch of money and paying out a
whole lot of it in expenses, that's up to you. To each his own.

Susan Kline