[pianotech] snowbound

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:37:34 MST 2011

Yesterday, we had a bunch of freezing rain and had to scrape off 1/8" of
"pavement" from my windshield and side glass. I then proceeded to help 3
other cars....one, my supervisor (bonus points), one, the percussion
professor who is really cool, but the main one, was one of our office
staff ladies who has to use a walker to get around.  I, the trumpet prof,
and her daughter got that done pretty quickly.  My car took more time to
scrape off than it did to drive home!!  I actually had to take some Advil
this morning for the sore muscles...and I'm not in that bad a shape to
start!!   Man it was nasty glued on!

Today, a fair amount of snow, but a lot of wind, so drifts abound...(more
than a bad spinet during a pitch-raise!!)  Way cold with a windchill
"alert" from the weather folks.  Minus 30-40 chill factor tonight and
tomorrow.  I'm glad I'm not in Minnesota!!!  I'll bet International Falls
is screaming for relief....Or is that in Wisconsin or Michigan? I forget.

This is nasty.  We're just on the tail of it in Nebrasky.  I'll bet east
of here is pure Hell!

Gee, Wim.  Thanks for asking as you sit on your front porch enjoying a
"blue Hawaii" cocktail!!  Umbrella too!?? <G>

Paul