[pianotech] Steinway technical and reference guide

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Feb 1 15:38:30 MST 2011

Still true today, Don!

I've had one seminar in Oberlin, and one in NYC factory and the next one
this June;   They give you a nice framed poster of your completion, but
one doesn't say, "Im factory trained".  In good manners it's just not
done, but I've heard other techs say this out in public. There is no
"test", so one can't be "certified", eh? This could be changed however,
but I doubt Steinway wants to go to yet another level.  I'm just so
grateful that they offer this hands-on training.  They treat you like a
king/queen while you're there, too! No wonder there's a waiting list to
get in!  Go Kent, Great Job. Thank you so much!! and so on and so on!!!

When teaching my piano mechanics class at UNL, I will mention what I
learned at the factory and show them the posters, but that's about it.

Paul