[pianotech] What do you say?

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 19:48:47 MST 2011

Hi Keith,

Easy, well, a little time consuming really.  Back in those days, I was using
an appointment book for scheduling yet.  For each person that was a no show,
I had a large red X over their appointment.  I went day by day adding up how
much I lost on each tuning or action job, etc., until I came up with a total
for the year. These days, it only takes 10 no show tunings to amount to
roughly a minimum of $1,500 in lost revenue.  Well worth a reminder call for
me.

It's not always easy to just drive to the next job.  If the client is
planning on a certain time, and a lot of them are, I find that many do not
come home until close to their appointment time.  If you're scheduling 4-6
tunings a day or more, it doesn't take long for the figures to add up.
Especially if one of them is a church with 5 tunings.  I've gotten plenty of
keys to churches since then to avoid just that.  It's either " please give
me a key to your church or I give you a bill for lost tunings..."  We're
both happy then.

Jer