[pianotech] 4ths 5ths

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:50:59 MST 2011

Hi Susan,
That smigeon sure comes in handy.  I always feel the need to check with a test especially on lousey pianos that have a ton of inharmonisity.  The fourth will still sound too wild but wil test OK with that 3rd 6th test.  Do you use the 6th 10th test with the 5ths?

Lim we were taught at the school to have an even progression that the contiguous thirds should progress the step from f3 and a3 third to a to c#4 should not be to big of a jump but have an increase in speed.

I find on some pianos that the contiguous 3rds seem really close in speed that there isn't much room to widen the octave.  Do you guys eve run into this on cheap pianos?
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com