[pianotech] 4ths 5ths

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Feb 2 00:30:46 MST 2011

On 02/02/2011 01:08 AM, Susan Kline wrote:
> On 2/1/2011 10:35 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> I'm talking about the kind of respect - that says - I have the right to
>> use and tune with ETD's - without - knowing the full mishmash of aural
>> tuning.
> Duaine, you want the respect but without the work which earns it.
> When you say that aural tuning is a mishmash, that's just a sign you
> haven't bothered to learn it.

Again, my state of hearing won't let me hear it - as well as my patience.
> Why should you feel it is so important for someone like me to say
> exactly what you wish to hear, whether it is true or not?

You are being the most boisterous against ETD usage.

Again, from where I sit, I see the fact that these machines are being
not respected as a viable alternative.

> You feel the way you feel -- why shouldn't that be enough for you?

Because I'm - not - the only one getting this - substandard (from TRON)
- treatment and that new techs have to learn aural tuning skills before
they go out in the world to tune - and - be "professionals".

Again, like most other technology, it is here to stay and not going
anywhere - except - get - better - so why can't it be admitted that
ETD's are - with the proper training and usage - a viable alternative to
aural tuning methodology.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years