[pianotech] Joshua Bell Concert

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 12:09:27 MST 2011

This will be the first time I have seen him play. I have seen Midori
and Nigel Kennedy play locally - both phenominal players (obviously!)
- Kennedy with a good bit more flair for sure!

I love Beethoven. Perhaps most of you have seen this, but for those of
you who haven't, here is a link to Bell playing Beethoven's Violin
Concerto with a very small chamber orchestra (five parts - link is to
part 1).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt6cYOCYs4&feature=related     It is
fabulous. Only thing I can't figure out about it, besides how anyone
can play like that, is how he avoids his little violin spontaneously
combusting during his solo in the third part.

I suspect your analysis is correct Dave.

Terry Farrell