[pianotech] Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 12:31:48 MST 2011

The better way to say what I intended is that I don't (or try not to) increase the tension in the first segment beyond what is necessary to both pull the speaking length to it's target pitch *and* leave the first segment in a state of equilibrium once that occurs. I try to get to that place without the need for further correction. I want the relaxing of the force that I have applied to the pin to net out at zero change to the pitch.
David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
(sent from bb)