[pianotech] Thanks and further comments

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Feb 2 19:26:17 MST 2011

I was going to say out of this, however, in the light of positive
comments, respect and trust, coming from James Grebe, Dean May, Bill
Fritz and Gerald Groot.......

I just had to say a huge, huge thank you.

Lastly, over 90% of my - first - time customers have not had their
pianos tuned somewhere between - 2 - to - 25 years. And anywhere between
- 50 cents - to - 300 cents flat - and - cents even confuses me at
times, so anywhere between - a whole step flat - to - 3 whole steps flat.

So are you aural tuners going to tell me - that - in - one - pass - with
- checks - can make this piano sound reasonably good to the customer -
my mind says "NO WAY"

Speaking of - checks - in the beginning, I once tuned a piano that was
nearly 300 cents flat. As I started from A0 and kept going up the scale,
I - would - do some checks - which sounded horrible. My mentor said
"trust me, by the time you get to the end, it will change enough on its
own to sound really good."

Sure enough, by the time I was done, in - one - pass, the checks sounded
pretty descent and the overall tuning was pretty damn good.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years