[pianotech] Thanks and further comments

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Feb 2 20:43:27 MST 2011

On 02/02/2011 09:18 PM, Gary wrote:
> On 2/2/2011 8:26 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>>   I once tuned a piano that was
>> nearly 300 cents flat. As I started from A0 and kept going up the scale,
>> I - would - do some checks - which sounded horrible. My mentor said
>> "trust me, by the time you get to the end, it will change enough on its
>> own to sound really good."
>>
>> Sure enough, by the time I was done, in - one - pass, the checks sounded
>> pretty descent and the overall tuning was pretty damn good.
>>
>> Duaine
>>
>> Maybe after one pass it was 'pretty damn good' compared to where it
>> was when you started, but you didn't leave it with just one pass did
>> you?
Unfortunately, yes, because the customer - won't - pay for another
tuning in 2-3 weeks.

Remember, we are dealing with customers who don't get their pianos tuned
regularly (which I say that loosely)

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years