[pianotech] OT: Temperature

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Thu Feb 3 06:15:55 MST 2011

Keith,

Fredonia, Wisconsin, outdoor temp 1 degr F, winds W 10 mph.  10-year old
ranch with 6" walls and vinyl single hung windows (leaky).  Setback
thermostat calls for 68 days and 64 nights, and so far the furnace has
been able to keep up.  My project this winter is to make a set of
internal storm windows to seal up those leaky windows.  The prototype is
in place and working fine, the materials for the remainder are in the
shop waiting for me to get some time....

63 - 66 in an older house is par for the course - our first home in
Wisconsin was 1850's vintage, had a large gas furnace that ran
constantly in Dec and Jan and rarely got the house above 64.

Mike