[pianotech] Bridge pin locations help (image oops)

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Thu Feb 3 18:32:15 MST 2011

List,

I decided I would share a situation I have had
  to live with for several years.

I regularly tune a 2001 Steinway Concert Grand that has
  a definite issue with the location of the bridge pins.
    (see image)

Throughout this piano there are varying degrees of
   misplacement of the bridge pins, however the one I focused on
  is by far the worst offender and produces false beats beyond belief,
  hence I added the PitchLock String Coupler to reduce the false beats existent.
         (  http://www.pitchlock.com  )

Does anyone have a surefire method to correct this issue
  without a tear down?    (larger pic available if needed)

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
pianostuff.kamcam.com