[pianotech] Thanks and further comments

chip tuthill chiptuthill at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 22:30:45 MST 2011

RCT has a program for this. Its called chiptuning.rctx in the RCT Documents
file. Dean told me where to find it. It has no stretch. Only tunes the
fundamental. RCT has difficulty reading the notes when they are this flat. I'd
guess any ETD would also. Depending on where you finish, it either a small pitch
raise or Smart Tune. In any event its going to take more than two passes- at
least for me.

I told the owner I needed to return to tune this beast within a month. That was
15 months ago. I heard he was complaining about the tuning. This was his
grandmothers spinet. Maybe it was tuned once 40 years ago. Lost customer- a
small lose.

Chip