[pianotech] Octaves & Unions

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Thu Feb 3 23:59:40 MST 2011

On 02/03/2011 09:28 PM, Wim Blees wrote:
> This is meant for Duaine, but also other tuners who use an ETD
> exclusively.
>
> When you tune an octave and/or a unison, how do you know which string
> of the unison, or which note of the octave to tune? How do you know
> which one is right?
>
> Wim
>

> Sent from my HTC PURE™, a Windows® phone from AT&T
On the octaves, I don't bother checking until the whole process is done.

On bichords, I tune the left string, then the right string to the left.

On trichords, I tune the middle string, then the right string to the
middle, then the left to the middle. (It all depends on how I move the
mutes, but always the middle string first)

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years