[pianotech] Octaves & Unions

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 12:14:41 MST 2011

> I don't undertand what you mean by a "hybrid" tuner.

 Wim
 tune some things aurally and some things with the ETD which makes it
ybrid - right ?
--
uaine Hechler

I hate to burst your bubble, Duaine, but everyone who uses an ETD checks their tuning aurally. That's what were supposed to do. The difference is, unlike you, everyone else knows what they are doing when they aurally check their tuning. They know how to listen for beats, and do all the various checks, like thirds, double octaves, etc.

Wim