[pianotech] universal string measurement

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 20:27:43 MST 2011

Most likely, this string isn't going to sound much like the old one and its neighbors.  If you have to replace it, why not just send the old one to be duplicated?  It probably won't match perfectly either, but will be much better sounding than a universal.  Or, why not tie the old one?  Best of all worlds.  If you must use a universal, I'd check the catalogs and find one that most closely matches your old one.  Or just order the whole universal set and restock it when you use one out of it.
    Good luck.
    Paul McCloud
    Sun Diego