[pianotech] Journal article

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:22:30 MST 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> It has nothing to do with testosterone. I hate the feel of lotions on my
> hands, but would put up with it if I had ever found something that actually
> worked among the dozens I've yes, actually, tried.

In between my last reply and this, I tried some of the Bova cream. It goes
on really "dry", and absorbed very quickly. Didn't feel like a lotion at
all. Might give that a shot. I'll probably get a container of it after this
other is gone.

And I forgot that the other thing I was doing was using moisturizing soap.

> Masking tape makes the splits stop hurting within a few minutes, and I can
> pound a keyboard with a taped up finger in more comfort that with an
> un-taped finger with no splits. This has nothing to do with macho posturing
> or looking down my nose at anything or anyone. It's purely practical,
> admittedly goofy looking, and I find it works better than any of the many
> many other approaches I've tried through a lot of years.

Thankfully, mine have generally occurred on the tuning hand, so I haven't
had to worry about pounding. Typing hurts, though.

> As to lotions. If you want something that makes your hands instantly softer
> and makes the splits quit hurting on contact, make up some hamburger
> patties. The best moisturizer and softener for skin seems to be raw meat.
> Really. <G> Not awfully practical day to day, but a good occasional evening
> emergency Rx.
> Ron N

Yes, I remember that from the last time(s). Kinda hard to forget that one.
 And we might have hamburgers tonight. Wonder how lard would work? I'm
assuming it's the fat from the meat that does the trick?

--
JF