[pianotech] Bridge pin locations help (image oops)

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Sat Feb 5 12:54:23 MST 2011

On Feb 5, 2011, at 1:26 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> On 2/5/2011 1:04 PM, Mr. Mac's wrote:
>
>> I was somewhat surprised at the outcome. Maybe you will be as well.
>
> How long did you let the CA set up, and was the gap around the pin filled to the top when it did set up? If it had been, you would have gotten a clean result without the seating and such.

Ron,

I did not let the CA set up very long at all.
Any gap that there was definitely filled up,
   even overflowed down the bridge onto the soundboard.
I was a bit over zealous.

I only did the seating to see what would happen
   since I did not notice satisfactory results. My bad, maybe.

Next tuning visit should show me something not
   previously experienced in past tunings because of what I did today.
I also put a drop of CA thin on all the bridge pins (speaking side only)
   in that particular section. So many false signals.

Ten years I have been dealing with this, folks.
Probably a hundred tunings + during that time on this one piano alone  :-(

Keith