[pianotech] 0 - 88 in 20, or....?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 17:33:36 MST 2011

Several members mentioned tuning the piano using an ETD starting at note A0 and going up to C88. When I first got my SAT, I did that. Then someone mentioned that they tune starting at the last note of the bass, and go down to A0, and then tuning the treble, starting with the first note of the treble So I started doing it that way. I think I get better results that way.

While some of you have said it takes you about an hour and half to tune a piano, including unisons, it takes me about 20 minutes, (on a normal tuning). (I then spend about 40 minutes retuning the piano aurally, but let's not go there again.)

What are some of your findings.

WIm.