[pianotech] Subject: understand the relationship of theheavenly bodies

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 21:09:32 MST 2011

>From what a number of you have been saying, as long as you are perfectly satisfied with your ETD, and you know it can produce a high quality tuning that you are satisfied with day in and day out, there is no way you're going to go to the trouble of learning to tune the middle two octave aurally.

Ironically enough, I've proposed to "the powers" of the PTG to eliminate the aural portion of the Tuning Exam for quite some time now, but to make section 2 and the unison sections more stringent.

I don't want this to become a topic of conversation on this list, because that is what the PTG-l is for, but perhaps it's time for the ETS Committee, the Board, and Council, for that matter, to start start talking in that direction. Perhaps it's time the PTG moved into the 21st century, and face the reality that the new electronic tuning devices are here to stay, and that by ignoring that reality, it is hurting the membership of the organization.

Wim