[pianotech] Reasons why you use a particular ETD brand

George F Emerson pianoguru at cox.net
Sat Feb 5 22:45:59 MST 2011

It is the nature of the piano servicing business and this list that we will
be
rehashing the same topics over and over forever.  The one topic, appropriate
to this list, that changes practically overnight is computer applications
such as ETD's.  One hundred years later, we still argue about such things as
seating strings at the bridge, while nothing has significantly changed as to
the basis for that disagreement.  Our descendants will probably do so in
another hundred years from now.  With computer applications (ETD's) things
change overnight, vs. over-centuries.  This topic, more than any other,
deserves rehashing.

More to the point, and to directly respond to the original question, I use
Tune Lab.  I prefer software on my laptop, with multi-tasking capabilities,
to a dedicated machine just for tuning.  I prefer the Tune Lab display to
others I have used.  Sorry, Mark, I cannot give you five reasons why, but
that's my 2 cents.

Frank Emerson