[pianotech] understand the relationship of the heavenly bodies

Barrie Heaton piano at a440.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 12:46:25 MST 2011

In message <8CD931C79F855F8-1AF8-5211 at webmail-d083.sysops.aol.com>,
tnrwim at aol.com writes
>Thank you for you very eloquently stated remarks. The ETD does
>indeed create, in most pianos, a temperament that not all aural tuner
>will be able to match. If all you do is tune the piano with the
>machine, and leave the instrument alone, then the tuning the ETD
>created will most likely be very pleasing to the ear.

Hmm the pianos I have seen tuned by them in the UK are not " very
pleasing to the ear" they are OK it must be the user, they must be
pressing the wrong buttons or something. The other thing I have noticed
with my limited exposure to ETD here in the UK. The tuners swing the
note a long way out to put it back in, then seem to knock hell out of
the note. is this the norm for an ETD user.

This argument about ETD is like the real piano V the digital one. There
are those who love them and those who hate them. Do the folk who use ETD
promote the wonders of the Digital piano as strongly as they seem to say
that  ETD tuning is better than the real thing, or do they believe the
real thing can't be reproduced digitally as it always sounds like a
recording, good one,  but not like being there.

Kind regards

Barrie

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/