[pianotech] Carbon Fiber Lever (was Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable)

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:41:01 MST 2011

<<Reply to Keith and Kurt.,
    Kurt,
 <<. . . . . .    The trade off if any ,  is in the ability to
use your existing collection of heads and tips along with  easy
site lines and plate clearance .. . . . . . .>>

         This is what I've heard as well.  I assume you're
referring to the Fujan.   I find myself having to change tips
and heads all the time -- almost every day.  Either there's a
high plate strut or a pronounced overhang on the top rim of an
upright's plate, or the pins are impossibly close together in
the low tenor (Wurtilizer spinets) and I have to change to the
thin-wall tip, or the thing's been re-pinned with #5's, etc.
    --David Nereson, RPT