[pianotech] Cybertuner vs OnlyPure

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:15:31 MST 2011

Kent wrote a nice piece on OnlyPure for the Piano Technicians Journal a few
years ago. I recommend reading it.
CyberTuner is, as you already know, a very very nice software tool with a
variety of options (pitch raise, Smart Tune, and Pianalyzer come readily to
mind). You can customize the stretch, etc.
OnlyPure is a one trick pony; strike that, maybe Arabian Thoroughbred is
what I should say. Quite appropriate for big high quality pianos. No pitch
raise program. As Keith mentioned recently, astonishing resolution that
makes one suddenly very modest about one's tuning lever technique. Practice,
practice, practice.
I use RCT for most of my day to day work. When I've got a really, really
nice piano to work on I may break out the OnlyPure.
Just a few comments (not a detailed analysis),
Patrick Draine