[pianotech] no jack position adjustment on Steinway A

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:55:48 MST 2011

I meant to get back to the list on this topic.

I went back to the Steinway A a couple of weeks ago. I found that the jack
position was quite easy to adjust by manipulating the felt itself. I found
that a voicing needle was not aggressive enough, but a pair of tweezers
worked well. I simply stretched the felt and then repacked it by pushing the
jack firmly back into the felt a few times. It was kind of like tightening a
jack spring on an upright.

Ry

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT