[pianotech] YC action bracket

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 10:03:12 MST 2011

Paul

Thanks for the reply. It's the first time I've seen the piano, and no, I didn't remove the action, but I did check to make sure it was seated right. I also checked to make sure the let off rail was secure and in the right pace. One thought I had was that the back rail cloth had been replaced, as it was very soft and spongy. But then, if it was replaced, and it was too high, the key dip would have been shorter, or there would have been a lot of punchings under balance rail, which there weren't. So back to square one. The other problem was the travel of the right pedal was way too short, and barely lifting the dampers. But even after I tightened the nut, it didn't feel right. The whole piano just doesn't feel right, and I don't know what the problem is. The customer doesn't know the difference, as she doesn't play, but wanted the piano tuned so she and her granddaughter can take lessons.

Wim