[pianotech] Scale for Franklin

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 11:47:21 MST 2011

Does Anyone have a Treble String scale for a 5' 0'' Franklin Grand. The
Travis book does not have a listing and I can't find a suitable scale.

Paul, et al,
Why is it that we constantly get these queries? The only way, in my mind, is to take the existing speaking lengths and run it through a Scale Program and come up with the best for that particular instrument that is possible. BTW, doing that exercise on the BASS is even more critical! I advise, NEVER send a set of bass strings off for "duplication" unless they are the very most perfect set you've ever seen AND you are absolutely positive the string maker will not screw it up.
Thanks for listening. (reading<G>)
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police