[pianotech] Grand action brackets

Robert Anderson randerson79 at cox.net
Sat Feb 12 12:28:27 MST 2011

I am going to examine a Wurllitzer G542 grand in a couple of weeks. I
have not seen the piano yet, but one of my colleagues said it is one
of the most extreme cases of "growing" action brackets he has seen.
Young Chang has sent me replacement brackets. Could anyone give me the
benefit of his/her experience in replacing action brackets. I have
never done this before. My first concern is how well the new brackets
will match the old ones. Any ideas or suggested procedures or possible
pitfalls waiting for me will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Anderson
Tucson