[pianotech] Pear Wood

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Mon Feb 14 18:01:41 MST 2011

Hi, Paul,

At 04:37 PM 2/14/2011, you wrote:

>In a message dated 2/14/2011 6:35:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
>hgreeley at sonic.net writes:
>...te absolvo...
>
>for a "mia" culpa, wouldn't that be "ti" absolvo? Or that Robert
>Culpa's daughter? :-)

Can't speak for/about the daughter.

And while we seem to be moving in that general direction, a "mia"
culpa might be a reference to Mia Farrow...

More on point, while "ti" is found fairly often in online postings
(Facebook, etc), "te" is more traditional usage.  That said, I'm
definitely neither a Latin scholar or a scholar of Latin.  I've only
learned enough to get through administering the basic Rites without
making a complete fool of myself.  So far, it's been very useful in
various chaplaincy settings when different Rites may be asked for and
there are no Roman clergy available.

Getting back to more piano-related stuff, and, picking up where we
left off above, perhaps, when examining the damper heads on a more
modern piano (or one of questionable origin), one might be tempted to
exclaim something along the lines of:

"...it's hard to be sure, but whatever these damper heads may be made
of, it apPEARs to be wood...".

baDUM!

Best.

Horace