[pianotech] P22 Sticky Keys

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Mon Feb 14 22:20:50 MST 2011

On Feb 14, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Dave Bunch wrote:

> … I am probably going to have to eat this next service call
>  so I want to get it right. Am I missing something?

Dave,

Some thoughts about eating the next service call:
I don't believe you should concern yourself about this,
    and here's why.

If, in fact, you made an incorrect diagnosis on your first visit,
   and the actions you took based on that diagnosis were not effective,
   let the customer know that you made an error in judgement,
   refund the amount you charged, and then let them
   know what you discovered on your second visit,
   that will absolutely correct the sticky key issue.

There is no reason for you to feel subject to eating any costs.
A new estimate can be given, one that should allow you
   plenty of operating room, thereby leaving the decision up to the customer.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern