[pianotech] Amplification Definition. Was: ( CA pinblock with tight bushings?)

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 12:27:10 MST 2011

> We can argue about whether the soundboard is an amplifier or
> not........

Why would anyone argue? Just look it up in the dictionary.

> If one defines "amplification" as an increase of efficiency in the
> system, then indeed there is amplification.  But that is not the way
> amplification is defined.

Ummm, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, if I may say so. You are
correct  that an increase of efficiency is not a correct definition of
amplification. Why introduce "if one defines......? I could define
concrete as the way I like my steaks done, but it really wouldn't be
very useful..... ;-)

NOW the horse is suitably flogged!

Terry Farrell