[pianotech] Amplification Definition. Was: ( CA pinblock with tight bushings?)

Nicholas Gravagne ngravagne at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 20:00:44 MST 2011

Hi Doug,

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Douglas Gregg
<classicpianodoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Nick for settling (at least as far as I am concerned) the
> subject of amplification. I had thought of the hammer blow as the
> modulator of the amplification.

Yes, this is correct in and of itself as long as we don't expand this
singular observation so as to induce the larger discussion of
energy-related transduction and work-related amplification. More
later.

>That surely is arguable but I don't
> want to start another discussion.
> However, I do have this pin and a bunch of angels... oh, never mind.

Funny thing about the pin and angel thing---- been working on this
very problem in my piano shop. I'm finding that the angels get bored
and fly off. Frustrating ;-)

--
Nick Gravagne, RPT
AST Mechanical Engineering