[pianotech] Electronic Keyboards - Piano Hide a bed

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 20 19:00:30 MST 2011

For those of you that are not versed in the electronics of instruments with "piano like" keys on them, the manufacturers are going two ways. One is to make the instrument feel and work as closely to an acoustic piano as possible, and the other was to feel as closely to the feel of the electronic organ, not a Pipe Tractor organ - key that are very easy to play.

Yamaha's latest product in the line to "feel" like a piano has transducers built into it so when you play it, the cabinet vibrates to feel like an acoustic piano.

Ken Gerler