[pianotech] Yamaha slow close fall

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 22:15:37 MST 2011

Hi late-nighters or early morning types,

A customer with a Yamaha C6 called me to say that the slow close fallboard on her piano isn't closing slowly. Dang, I had plenty of time to, but forgot to call Yamaha about it and the appointment is tomorrow morning. :-[

Can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment that can be made (and how to do it), or is something broken? OK, I'll admit, the only times I glance at the ends of the fallboard is when I'm taking it out or putting it back in--I've never taken a close look.

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois