[pianotech] Square Grands v.s. Square Pianos

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Tue Feb 22 06:07:29 MST 2011

On Feb 22, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Duaine Hechler wrote:

> Google turned up "About 1,970 results (0.21 seconds)" for "square grands"
>
> Some very notable places ...................

Duaine,

Thank you for posting the links.

What this only proves is folks are going to call these pianos what they want,
    whether its correct nomenclature or not.

Likewise with electronic keyboards being called digital pianos by some.

I tend to support the Piano Technicians Guild's position as correct:
http://www.ptg.org/resources-historyOfPianos-square.php

Keith