[pianotech] MOE for sugar pine versus sitka spruce

Nicholas Gravagne ngravagne at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:06:05 MST 2011

David,

Your chart is compiled in SI units. So, making conversions from
English MOEs for Sugar Pine and Sitka, we come up with this:

Sugar Pine MOE = 837
Sitka Spruce MOE = 1104

Now you can compare this data to your chart.

I assume you are considering for evaluating rib materials? No need to

Hope this helps

--
Nick Gravagne, RPT
AST Mechanical Engineering