[pianotech] Shop Vacs - DBs

Dave Swartz swartzy at charter.net
Thu Feb 24 09:24:11 MST 2011

I've had excellent results with the "Compact"..which is an older machine
style, made by Interstate Engineering.  This machine was also manufactured
under the name "Tri-Star".  We have 3 of them.  Die cast aluminum body,
neoprene wheels and a 20 foot cord.  About the only thing that wears on
these machines are the hoses.  You can usually find them at vacuum stores
used and will serve you a lifetime.  Mine has rolled down 3 flight of
stairs, been thrown around and banged up but continues to work better than
any other vacuum I've used.  I've replaced a couple Lam motors in 2 of the
units.  For all my shop and piano cleaning, nothing beats a Compact.  This
machine isn't designed to pick up water like that of a shop vac.  I like
Joe, have never liked those screaming shop vacs that lose their suction
after a first past of fine dust....I've found them somewhat useless (JMHO).

I don't have a pic readily available but here's a link:

http://www.thevacuumcenter.com/compact-tristar-c-112.html?gclid=CJC1t_GZoacCFYHb4Aod1BoSwg

Dave Swartz, RPT
Cory Products
www.corycare.com