[pianotech] Hale Tuning Lever Wanted

Boaz Kirschenbaum pianotuner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 01:59:50 MST 2011

Hello

I just had a fascinating visit to a restoration workshop/museum here in
Kumamoto Japan, where they have some of the earliest Yamaha pianos
made....and they have completely restored them. They even have a pre- serial
no #1 prototype Yamaha upright!!! I will be writing an article for the PTG
Journal on these old-school Japanese restorers. It is really a unique place.
The pianos sound like old Steinways or Bechsteins and not at all like modern
Yamahas.

In the meantime......the son (it is a family business), who is a graduate of
the Yamaha Academy and the Hamburg Steinway Concert Academy, needs a Hale
tuning lever and we will pay a fair price for one. Here are the particulars:

Plastic handle
Non-extension style
Hale head with "HALE" name on it
5 degree head
No. 2 tip
Tip length - forgot to ask but I am sure the usual length, not too long or
too short would be fine.

If any of you have one of these old tuning levers in good condition and are
willing to part with it, in addition to the money it would be a great
contribution to these wonderful colleagues who are isolated from the rest of
us....

Thank you!

--
*Boaz Kirschenbaum, RPT*  |  Concert Piano Tuner
*Cherry Tree Piano*