[pianotech] Lid scratch

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 15:45:38 MST 2011

Rich,

If you don't want to sand and polish it out, there is a way to make it less visible. Make a single hair brush. Take a dowel that is comfortable in your hand and drill a small hole in the end. Now take a single hair from a natural bristle brush and glue it in the hole you drilled in the dowel. Get some high gloss black lacquer and thin it out to almost water consistency. Now use the brush you made and follow the scratch line. Be careful to stay in the scratch and not on the finish. The scratch will still be there, but much less visible. If you get some on the finish, you can clean it up with some thinner and try again until you get it in the scratch only.

Al -
High Point, NC