[pianotech] Lid scratch

Bruce Browning justpianos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 17:36:55 MST 2011

On 28/02/2011, John Ross <jrpiano at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> Do I remember someone saying that C/A glue could be used in the same way?
> John Ross

>>> List, is there a way to repair a light scratch on a black poly resin
>>> finish? (samick)
>>> The scratch looks like a white line on this black hp finish. I know
>>> substantial sanding and polishing is usually required, is there another
>>> way?

C/A might need to be coloured.
I used black nail varnish, thinned with "remover" or acetone, and a fine brush.
I have devised an addition, to my vacuum cleaner. A small cup which
sits inverted over the scratch on the panel, and sucks out the air
from the scratch, thus sucking the varnish into the scratch.
works a treat.

--
Bruce Browning
The Piano Tuner