[pianotech] price-negotiating customers

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 22:34:51 MST 2011

    What words, phrases, does one use to counter prospective
customers who try to talk you down in price?  I had a lady who
asked how much I charge to tune, then asked if I couldn't do it
for $xx less, since that's what her last tuner charged.  Like a
fool, and not to get a reputation as a "gouger," I agreed.  Now,
of course, when I get there, it'll need a pitch raise, lost
motion regulating, a string replaced, vacuuming, etc.
    David Nereson, RPT