[pianotech] Hammond Glider Trim-o-Saw

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 3 06:30:11 MST 2011

When I went to the link and looked at the brushes, they struck me as close
to something I am already familiar with:  Hand held brushes used to prepare
bases on skis and polish the bases after waxing.  I have not used them for
piano hammers, but rather to tune my downhill ski bases.  The link to a ski
tool website that will show these tools is this:
http://tognar.com/wax_tools_hot_irons_corks_brushes_ski_snowboard.html
Scroll down the page until you get to hand brushes and you will see the
multitude.  Everything from steel, brass, nylon, to horsehair.  The short
length of the brush fiber would seem ideal for our piano hammer purposes.
The radial brushes shown look particularly interesting but are quite pricey.
These kinds of brushes are often commonly available in ski shops for those
of you who live near such a thing, and there are many other web sites for
ski equipment that sell them.

Will Truitt