[pianotech] finding a piano

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Jan 3 16:29:15 MST 2011

My take is this: I'd rather the buyer do some legwork and weed out the
obviously poor choices. They do this armed with their guidelines, such as
those that have been listed on this thread. If they find a piano that's not
in tip-top shape, but there's a lot that they like about it, then call me...
or if they find one that seems like a great instrument, call me. Just PLEASE
don't call me AFTER you've paid good money on a real junker!

If someone calls and is shopping for an instrument, I will try to talk to
the seller and find out who's been servicing it recently. Then I can talk to
that tech (if it's someone I know and trust) and get a good sense of its
condition and value.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN