[pianotech] Tuning a Square

Jon Page jonpage at pianocapecod.com
Wed Jan 5 04:38:56 MST 2011

Take 7 thick card front rail punchings and enlarge each hole to fit over
a tuning pin. Scribe each with a letter: A ~ G. These will index the
notes in the pin field.

Once you have inserted a mute strip, place the markers on the pins
which will be used to set the temperament. It will now be easier to
move the hammer to the next pin. It's easy enough to identify the
sharps without markers on them.

This is if you're tuning aurally. I haven't needed my set since tuning
chromatically with a VT-100.

Rots-a-Ruck
--

Regards,