[pianotech] Restoring Museum Pianos

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 10:45:27 MST 2011

Ann,
It appears that I have misjudged your intent. For that I am sorry. I believe, such is the nature of the internet/email system.
Del, has said it better, in regards to alloting pianos to museums! Thanks Del, wish I could have spoken so eloquently.<G> I find the thought,, so repugnant, I get too worked up. As for the "Horrors" that you have encountered re. truly historicly significant instruments,, I do understand and stand with you on that account. It has always been a black eye to our industry, when ham handed, albeit well meaning, techs/dealers attempt to enter the realm of the Rebuilder with little or no training and a huge ability to screw things up! I wish there was a magic wand/potion to eliviate that situation, but alas, tis not possible, except to continue to spread good information as often as possible, to a as many will listen.
Ann, again, my apologies for misjudging your TRUE intent. I believe I understand you a bit better now
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I