[pianotech] Updating operating systems (somewhat OT) (was: Restoring Museum Pianos)

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Wed Jan 5 14:17:36 MST 2011

On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:23 PM, Susan Kline wrote:

> … I never ask a computer to run an operating system written after the date of its manufacture -- it is unlikely to do that well. …

Interesting notion, Susan. But not necessarily the case.

I can easily understand the reluctance of some to do such a thing though
based on the kind of information that is passed off as fact.
Knowing one's source and understanding that source is paramount to authentic reality.

I am running a 4 year old computer outfit that has the most current OP system. Works great.
I have lost count on the number of upgrades. Of course it might be relevant for some
to mention that the computer outfit I use is a Mac Pro, and it has been heavily used.
Two new video cards to date. (Lots of Photoshop activity)

Sincerely,

Keith