[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 18:57:08 MST 2011

Suggest they put on a new set of hammers.  Not that difficult or expensive,
especially if they are keeping the piano anyway for sentimental reasons.
The biggest problem doing it on a spinet (drop action) is removing the
action.  Otherwise use a set of Ronsen hammers Weickert or Wurzen which will
produce a warmish tone and might need a bit of hardening but not much.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com