[pianotech] Old Chickerings and such,

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 19:17:28 MST 2011

Hello to All,

   When we are talking about specific pianos it would
be most helpful to have the facts, I. E. exact size the
Ser. number  AND in the case of Checkering  the
SCALE  number.The old flat  strung Chick. Gr.
I bought about two months  ago is 7 ft. and 7 in. long.
Ser. Number is 5253  And the   SCALE   IS    # 19.

   (Yes old  Jonas had  his  hands all over  this one.)
  Chickering  cast thier Scale  number  in their  plates
The most poplar Chickering Grand is the 135.
Thousands were sold with the Ampico.

 My favorite is the  ( 123   )   not   123 A ,B or C.

 I hope to have ole 5253 displayed   at  the    PTGF.
Museum   in  July for   the   Convention.

Regards

   Jack  Wyatt
Dallas Chapter